4009 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

RESPONSE

Dennisse Barreto
Occasional Advisor

RESPONSE

October 02, 2000 21:20 PM GMT [ unassigned ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also have other problems if somebody could help.
1- With Msworks everytime a want to change the fonts an error message is received.
2- When I comunicate with another computer they can hear me clearly but I can't however I don't have problems with mediaplayer or other medias.
3- My computer freeze too often.
4.-SCANDISK TAKES OVER 8 HOURS TO PERFORM.
5.-RECENTLY MOVIES SEEN IN MY DVD ALTHOUGH I COULD HEAR THEM CORRECTLY THE IMAGE LIKE FREEZE A LITTLE AND THEN CONTINUES.
I HAVE A-PAVILION M70-INTEL PENT. III-450MHZ-19GB ULTRA DMA-128MB-SDRAM-DVD6X-CDRW AN STILL A LOT TO LEARN.
Entre mßs se sabe mßs se sufre.
1 REPLY 1
Steve Sauve
Frequent Advisor

Re: RESPONSE

Howdy,
Don't know that I can answer all those questions, but here's a few thoughts. On the issue with DVD movies stopping and starting, it sounds like you have a buffer issue, it's possible that you need to increase the size of it.
About the scan disk issue, what is scan disk doing when it takes so long? (as in what test is it on?) I've seen a thourgh scan disk take quite awhile, especially if there is a HD issue. That could also explain your crashing. One thing to confirm though, you are talking about scan disk and not defrag correct?

Hope this helps,
Steve