Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RH7.2 and pavillion laptop zt1175 Xconfig

Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

RH7.2 and pavillion laptop zt1175 Xconfig

I have installed RH7.2 successfully on my laptop which is dual boot with win2k. I can't get video configured for this. I error on "no screens found" The zt1175 has a S3 Savage 4 video w/ 32mb shared memory. I configured during install and in Xconfigurator for the S3 Savage 4 generic w/ 16mb with 8bit and 16bit 600x480 and still fail. I tried setting up for a generic laptop monitor 1400x1050 which is the specs of this monitor. I'm a newbie to linux so I'm not sure where to look next.

Thanks,
Greg
Lets Roll!
2 REPLIES
Mark Fenton
Esteemed Contributor

Re: RH7.2 and pavillion laptop zt1175 Xconfig

Found this link when researching your laptop

http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/0,,0xbce591ccb36bd611abdb0090277a778c,00.html

Gist of it is:

"Set your monitor to generic laptop display 1024 x 768 and the video card to S3 Savage Pro and video memory to 16 meg."

hth
Mark
Greg Carlson
Honored Contributor

Re: RH7.2 and pavillion laptop zt1175 Xconfig

I never could get the S3 driver to work in any mode or resolution. Installing the VESA driver brought X right up. Thanks for the input.

Greg
Lets Roll!