8682 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re:Hp Part and serial numbers at os level

cdemel
Occasional Contributor

Re:Hp Part and serial numbers at os level

Hi All

I have a rp5430 system running HP-UX 11.11 installed.
The system has a DS 2300 Disk array attached via two seperate SCCI controller cards.
in each side of the DS 2300 2 LVD disks are installed.
Is their any way to get the HP serial and part numbers of the DS 2300 and attached disks with any commands.
I have the cstm output of the server and it has serial numbers and part numbers relevent to the disks and
the array.

Can any one let me know if the serial numbers which we get from command line are HP serial and part numbers
or are they OEM numbers.
OR is their any way to get HP part and serial numbers relevent to the disks and the array.

Thanks and Regs

Cdemel
3 REPLIES 3
Peter Godron
Honored Contributor

Re: Re:Hp Part and serial numbers at os level

Hi,
another thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=691076

I think the part code for the DS2300 is A6490A

Otherwise, have you checked your installation manifest/ support contract or as a last resort open the enclosure to locate the labels.
cdemel
Occasional Contributor

thanks.
yes i got the product id as A6491A from my cstm output. and it has two serial numbers for the two contollers ( A and B ).
but i do not have one seperate serial number for the array.
I need this information for the support contract since the customer does not have the manifest.

regs

cdemel
Yang Qin_1
Honored Contributor

Hi, from cstm you could find the path for those two controllers. You can check the path information from theserver and identify which serial number is for which controller.

Yang