5111 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Realtime Spy kills Ad Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy

Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Ron,
if that software use any stealth technology, are you sure full removed it?
Do you checked there is no any comunication between PC and web (i.e. using netstat)?
May be software use also some regenerative algorithm.

Regards
@Antoniov
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

I used netstat -a, tcpview, process explorer and zone alarm on it and there is no sign of it. Also spybot and ad aware both ran and were allowed to remove anything they didn't like. I'm pretty sure it's dead.

Ron
Thomas Bianco
Honored Contributor

ron-

thanks for the info. i've thrown Winsrc.exe and ntinvisible.dll into our SMS reports panic list.

let me spend a bit of time cleaning up the SQL (it's rather messy, being adhoc and all) and i'll dump it out on another thread.
There have been Innumerable people who have helped me. Of course, I've managed to piss most of them off.
Fred Rone
Advisor

Just finished using Restore Plus cd and WinXP cd to repartion and format the drive.
Was at the end of my reasonable time frame to get my business working right!
Is it worth it to go back to my previous drive settings via Retrospect 6.0? Maybe, since It had all the programs I needed working right except for the coolwebsearch and vx2 infections it had on it that drove me nuts for 12 days, and was unable to remove as other post in other area states.
I can do it. I haven't loaded all of my stuff on the new partition yet. But need to be able to get my work printed out asap.
Fred
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Ron,

Very useful info. I really admire the way you diagnose a problem!!!

"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003