Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot error

Chris Zimo
Occasional Advisor

Reboot error

I have a question about an error I received while booting my K210. To give the scenario, I replaced all my disk drives on the machine with larger capacity disks. Then I rebooted the machine with my make_recovery tape, directing the tape to boot from one of the new disks. Everything worked out fine, however when the machine when into its final reboot, I received the following error??? Save core image if needed.... Fail. Does anyone have any insight on this error and also how to resolve it?

2 REPLIES
D. Jackson_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Reboot error

If you want this option enabled(it is now) then you want to created a filesystem named: /var/adm/crash with about 2 gig of space.
If you do not want this then turn the option off in the /etc/rc.config.d/savecore set it to 0..Check out the man pages on savecore.

HTH
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Reboot error

You had a system panic/crash.

use lvlnboot -v
to see where dump is defined and post up the output of crashconf.

It works for me (tm)