4184 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Recovery Disk for HP 6630

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas M. Cappels

Recovery Disk for HP 6630

Hello - Does anyone have a recovery disk for the HP 6630? I've lost mine and HP says they no longer support the 6630, and HP doesn't have any more disks. A virus destroyed my computer. May I borrow someone'sHP 6630 recovery disk? I will pay $25 to borrow it (I'll mail it back), or maybe you could make a copy and mail it to me. If it works, I'll pay you $25. - It's crazy that HP doesn't have any more, but I need one to get my computer working again. What do you think? Any ideas? Thanks. - Tom tc@fan.net
7 REPLIES 7
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Hello,

What exactly is the HP 6630 ? Do you have its specifications ? May be you have to simply re-install it from any Linux CD-ROMs ?

Good luck,

Kodjo
Learn and explain...
Thomas M. Cappels

Hello Kodjo - Thanks for your reply. The HJP 6630 is the Hewlett Packard Pavilion model #6630.

Specifications: Intel Celeron processor, 500Mhz, 64 MB SDRAM, 10.2 GB hard drive
40x maxspeed CD-ROM drive

I am not to computer savy, and don't know how to get a "Linux CD-ROM." Should I do a search on "Linux" to find a recovery disk there? Thanks a lot! - Tom
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Thomas,

Here in France, we have several computer magazines that ships with Linux versions included (generally 1 or 2 cdroms).

If you have a large internet bandwith, you can also download a Linux version from the web. I would suggest Linux Mandrake or SuSE at the following URLs :

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/iso/

If you need help for the product install and config, I would suggest to buy an "official" version for a few $$$ (between $50 to $80). The only difference with the free CDs consists of the documentation generally included which can help you in most of configuration tasks.

If you are in touch with HP sales representatives, you can also ask them for Linux CD-Rom. They might be able to provide a CD-Rom used for HP Visualize workstations or Netservers with Linux.

Good luck.

Kodjo

P.S. Don't forget to rate this answer (from 1 to 10).
Learn and explain...
Thomas M. Cappels

Thanks Kodjo. I'll give it a try!
TTail

I need help with this too...this was the only topic I could find concerning this, but I have an i386, running Win 98. Will I still be able to find recovery disks for it at the FTP adddress you provided Kodjo?

Thanks...ANY help is GREATLY appreciated!!!
A duck's quack doesn't echo and nobody knows why.
Ravi_31
Occasional Advisor

I have a recovery CD For 6630. I also screwed my 6630 with latest bios. Can you send me Original BIOS for this machine. We can exchange the bios with Recovery CD

email me at vbrk@hotmail.com
Dani Cardinal

I too need a recovery disc. Mine was stolen by a room mate. If you get 1 please let me know. I would like to buy a copy of it from you. I have been in desprate need for 1 for 2 years. Thank you.
Dani
My family is my life.