Operating System - Microsoft
1752808 Members
6538 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Recovery Manager .fbw files no luck

JD00100

Recovery Manager .fbw files no luck

Hi I have viewed all possible solutions given on this site and elsewhere on the web. Also I have wasted my time with the HP technicians who could not help me at all. They simply said my disks were scratched, which they are not. My problem is that I saved my files onto an external Hard Drive before reformatting a damaged Vista Partition. Then I realized I have to save them on DVD or CD. I did this and the wizard for recovery manager popped up. So I click next. The screen says insert Disk One which I do. Soon, disk one is auto ejected and the screen still says insert disk one. I cannot restore these important files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Vista Home Premium
HP m8100n Media Center
Files are:
Backup.001.exe
Backup.001.fbw
2 REPLIES 2
bill gardner_2

did you ever have any luck with this one? I lost so much important stuff today I can't even tell you. I even paid the extra loot to HP which was a complete and total waste of money. They were very nice and helpful but just flat-out had no idea how to fix this issue.
Normala Hasbollah

I'm having the same problem. HP Technician Support is no help either. I have a HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK PC DV9000 and a HP SimpleSave external backup hard drive. 100 GB of family photos and videos gone and disappeared into 14 fbw files that can't be restored, opened or viewed.