Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Hat 8.0 Hard Drive Installation

Red Hat 8.0 Hard Drive Installation

It's me again! For many reasons I need to do an hard drive installation. The plan is the following: copy the CD's under win (that is in a fat32 partition) and use the images in there.
Questions
1) Does the install program read fat32 partitions?
2) Should I just copy the content of the 3 CD's (RedHat8) in three directories?
Thank you mates, you are really helpful!
A
3 REPLIES
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Red Hat 8.0 Hard Drive Installation

1) yes (http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/install-guide/s1-begininstall-hd.html)

2) AFAIK, you should put all rpm's to one RPMS directory (check README onthe first CD)

Rgds,
Vitaly
Claudio Cilloni
Honored Contributor

Once I made a network installation using a FTP server located on another machine. I worked well.
Maybe this could be an alternative solution good for you... :-)

Ciao
Claudio

That's what I did indeed. The problem is that I'm not able to locate the 'CD (iso9660) images'.
Both /images and /isolinux don't work.
Thanks Claudio, but I'm installing all the stuff on an old laptop without good net access, it would take months... Thank you!
Alessandro