108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Red Hat Cluster suite 5 question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I would try logging the status check adding a redirection to service_check.log for example:

statuses() {
cd_path
if [ -e $pidpath ]; then
if [ `cat $pidpath` -eq `.script/getGateway|.script/clusterpid` ]; then
echo -n "Process is running fine" | tee /var/log/service_check.log;
echo
exit 0
fi
fi
echo -n "Process is not running...";
echo
exit 1
}
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

what would be the diffeence when i use self_fence value zero or one

Hi Ivan,

Have test out, with your suggestion and add the particular line into the script where tee -a /var/log/service_check.log. Run the script using cluster service the service_check.log appear and i can see the process is running keep appending in the service_check.log using tail -f command. Also i can see when it say process is not running one time when the service is restarting. Second scenario is to start the script without using cluster service, the service_check.log does not appear in /var/log. Is this confirm that the script is having problem to check the status by itself.?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Have test out, with your suggestion and add the particular line into the script where tee -a /var/log/service_check.log. Run the script using cluster service the service_check.log appear and i can see the process is running keep appending in the service_check.log using tail -f command. Also i can see when it say process is not running one time when the service is restarting.

Then yes, is a problem with the status section of the script.

Second scenario is to start the script without using cluster service, the service_check.log does not appear in /var/log.

The log file won't appear unless you run the script with the status option.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?

Nodes unable to boot up after changing all the connection to the core switch. Initially all tested ok able to boot up, able to failover by restart the machine, even also able to failover by pressing the power button. Once change it to all the connection to core switch, the server unable to boot up. When it bootup in will go down once it the fenced daemon start. When isolate the lan this problem never occur. Really no idea why is this happen. Anyway just refresh here is i'm using ilo as fence device.
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

with out a quorum disk you need to keep the hear beat and RSA on same network

Hi Santosh,

My enviroment,bond0(bond eth0 & eth1 together) network is connect to 2 switch where by the physical connection is eth0 to switch1 and eth1 to switch2, both also in the same network and same ip segment(10.32.1.xxx). Each node ilo is connect to switch1 and is configure Ip with the same segment as the bond0, is this still consider in the same network?. Another thing is i notice that the switch port only show that the speed is running on 100mb, but my lan card is a 1000mb speed will this also affect my cluster/node to startup?. Because went i isolate all the lan to a switch there is no problem and the switch i use to isolate the lan is a gigabit switch.

Thanks.
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

i never observed the lan card and the corresponding switch port in different speed. Make it same on both end.

Even though there are two switches involved and from the IP range you mentioned it belongs to the same subnet.