Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Hat Linux 6.1 installation on Netserver E60

Chris Carlson_2
Occasional Contributor

Red Hat Linux 6.1 installation on Netserver E60

I am attempting to install Linux 6.1 on the E60 netserver. The server has a dual channel adaptec 7895 controller. During installation it hangs while trying to load the aic7*** driver. This OS is supported by HP according to their website, however they do not offer a driver to download for this server. I think I need a driver but have been unsuccessful finding one on the web thus far. Any pointers on where to look is appreciated. Thanks
1 REPLY
Kodjo Agbenu
Honored Contributor

Re: Red Hat Linux 6.1 installation on Netserver E60

Hello,

RedHat 6.1 is no more supported by any company. Except if you have a reason to keep this distro, I would suggest you try a more recent distro with a more recent linux kernel.

RH 6.1 => Kernel 2.2.12
RH 6.2 => Kernel 2.2.14
RH 7.0 => Kernel 2.2.16
RH 7.1 => Kernel 2.4.2
RH 7.2 => Kernel 2.4.7
RH 7.3 => Kernel 2.4.18

Another idea : try to upgrade you BIOS and check you BIOS settings (disable memory hole, plug&play).

Good luck.

Kodjo
Learn and explain...