New Discussion юеВ

Re: RedHat Linux -iLO port

SOLVED
Go to solution
malay boy
Trusted Contributor

RedHat Linux -iLO port

Hi Guy's,
We just bought a new Compaq DL380G3 server running RedHat Linux .And one of the ethernet port called iLO.

Question :
1) So how should I configure this iLO port.Do I need to put the ip address to iLO.Because when I do "ifconfig -a" I can't see the iLO port.
2) iLO are used for what and how should I do the admin job on this iLO port.

regards
mB
There are three person in my team-Me ,myself and I.
5 REPLIES 5
Stuart Browne
Honored Contributor

The ILO is not directly accessable via the operating system.

It's a remote-access ethernet port (called "Integrated Lights Out", see your documentation), of which allows you to do things such as access the system console, the bios etc. from a remote location.

To configure an IP address in the ILO, you access it via it's BIOS. I beleive there is some dos-based software to allow you to access it's configuration also, but I've not used it.
One long-haired git at your service...
malay boy
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Stuart.You are right.(I guest that's why you have the crown and not me )..
Basically I already found the documentation and managed to change IP address and log on to the system.

anyway here are some point for you , for showing the direction.

regards
arman
There are three person in my team-Me ,myself and I.
HGN
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

To configure the ILO you need to hit F8 when the system is booting (even bofer he raid bios shows up), there are also other options on the ILO where you can create different user id's.

Rgds

HGN
acartes
Honored Contributor

This has been answered in the iLO forum in this thread:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=747272

It is not specifically a Linux question. I think that you need to dig in with iLO and see that it is can be out of band, that is- no OS support required.
Ross Minkov
Esteemed Contributor

From http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantdl380/questionsanswers2-g3.html

Integrated Lights-Out is HP's second generation lights-out technology embedded on selected ProLiant servers. There are two versions of Integrated Lights-Out available to meet customers varying remote management needs. The iLO Standard version provides basic Lights-Out management features that are integrated as standard components of the ProLiant server The iLO Standard features are available free of charge on supported ProLiant servers. The iLO Standard features include, simplified setup, text-based console for access to server boot sequences and text-mode operating system console, group configuration and server actions, remote power on/off, SSL security, detailed server status, logs, alert forwarding, virtual indicators, diagnostics, and automatic server recovery.

Customers can easily upgrade iLO Standard to iLO Advanced by purchasing the ProLiant Essentials iLO Advanced Pack which provides a license key for switching on the advanced functionality of iLO. The iLO Advanced feature suite include Virtual Graphical Console and Virtual Floppy Drive that provide significant cost savings by removing any advantages of being physically present in front of the server for routine access and maintenance. HP continues to offer the Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition for ProLiant servers that do not support the Integrated Lights-Out.

To View more information on the Integrated Lights-Out products:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt.html

HTH,
Ross