New Discussion юеВ

Relication error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Allan Palma Faylona
Contributor

Relication error

Hi there!
I'been trying to restore my web prod db to a dev/t server(with the same specs). I've already have backup. When i'm in the part of restoring the database everythings fine. Oracle is now available, but when i 'tried accessing a it by using a web browser, it doesn't show anything. When i tried searching for errors, I've got an error stating 'ORA-01110: data file 8: '/opt/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/dbs/MISSING00008' .
After getting this message I've tried restoring again the prod db and edit ccfile and add in that directory above. after executing ccffile.sql in svrmgrl, i"ve got a message "CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE set DATABASE "DMXTEST" RESETLOGS NOARCHIVELOG
ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
ORA-01161: database name DMXPROD in file header does not match given name of DMXTEST
ORA-01110: data file 8: '/opt/u03/oradata/data01.dbf'

Help pls.
thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Relication error

What do you mean by "Oracle is now available"?

Are you able to start the oracle with
svrmgrl
connect internal
startup;

What is the content of alert_SID.log

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

The message 'ORA-01110: data file 8: '/opt/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/dbs/MISSING00008' means Oracle was not able to locate the file.

What is ccfile and ccffile.sql and their role? What changes you made?

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Allan Palma Faylona
Contributor

For the 1 replication oracle is available, I've able to start ORACLE. I even log on SQL/NAV tried to select database files.
even select a v$session, v$database, v$controlfiles.But i've noticed after querying a datafile,I've seen this one on the datfiles table.
"'/opt/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/dbs/MISSING00008'" .

2nd ccf ccfile.sql is the create controfile file of my new DB.
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

ORA-01161 database name string in file header does not match given name of string

Cause: The database name given at the command line does not match the database name found in the file header.

Action: Chance are good that the database name specified at the command line is incorrect. Resolve the discrepancy, and resubmit the command. If you are attempting to change the database name, be sure to use the SET DATABASE option.

It seems that Oracle database was not open (as you have mentioned). The database was only mounted.

In the mount stage you can query dynamic performance views i.e. v$.. views.

sks