4009 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Requesting feedback on Networking documentation

Hemanth Gurunath Basrur
Honored Contributor

Requesting feedback on Networking documentation

Hello folks,

I request you to give your valuable feedback on documents that are available under the "networking and communications" section in http://docs.hp.com/hpux/netcom/index.html

While providing your feedback, if you can also provide the name of the document and part number, that will be great.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback.

Regards,
Hemanth
14 REPLIES 14
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

I do not find the below document relevant to Networking Section.

B. nPartitions (hardware-based partitioning) ├В┬╗ top of page
nPartitions hardware
├В┬╗ html
rx7620 server

-Karthik
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
Sanjay Kumar Suri
Honored Contributor

I have two comments:

1. I don't see NIS, NIS+, DNS, NTP covered in this section. Is is covered somewhere else?

2. Can we have "Go to another area" kind of drop down on the main page of doc.hp.com? In this page we will have two drop downs, one to select the OS and the other to select topics under the OS.

Thanks.

sks
A rigid mind is very sure, but often wrong. A flexible mind is generally unsure, but often right.
Sanjiv Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Hemant,

The networking and communictions documentation is good and meets most of my requirements.
Everything is possible
Richard Darling
Trusted Contributor

Hemanth,
One criticism I have always had about HP docs is that they seem to be long-winded. I can understand a technical writer's desire to make sure all details is included in a doc. This is good when you need to drill down for details, but it would be nice to see a summary of quick steps to perform tasks. I find myself wading through detail looking for the data I need to do something, and creating my own own "punch list".
Occaisionally, I find a doc like that - a good example was one on setting up WU-FTP. However, that link is gone now so I can't point you to it.

That being said, the documents that are out there are well-written, precise and useful.

RD
rdarling@southwickclothing.com
Mobeen_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hemanth,
The networking documentation section meets most of my needs.

In addition to the technical documentation and knowledge base from HP, i would like to see them opening up or atleast making the data from their databases like DSNlink integrated into these knowledge bases.

regards
Mobeen
SureshKumar_2
Valued Contributor

Hi Hemanth

*) RAID -> we would have covered 12H like some more Legacy contorllers.
*) Internet Services -> regarding Apache Web server there is no docs.
*) NAS - Any where located in that docs. Plz let me know where can i find that.
*) SAN - Instead of mentioning Fibre Chanel, SCSI, RAID it would have better by Storage - easy to navigate, when v search some docs.

regards

suresh
Things are very easy, when u know about it...
sinhass
Regular Advisor

HI Hemnath,

I feel its good for me.

-sinhass
cxtwo
Frequent Advisor

Just nit picking, but there are two headings for the OTS product, OSI Transport Services/9000 and OSI.. Should these be in the same section, as the first one only has the release notes, and no manuals..?

R. Sri Ram Kishore_1
Respected Contributor

Hi Hemanth,

I think that the docs available at the site are of very good quality. However, in some docs, I feel that more importance can be given to the introduction of concepts etc. More informative and professional diagrams and troubleshooting tips/info like documenting error messages or numbers and why they occur would definetly add a lot of value.

Regards,
Sri Ram
"What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator."