1752578 Members
4246 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Resource Requirement for Oracle11i version 11.5.4

Faizer Jameel
Frequent Advisor

Resource Requirement for Oracle11i version 11.5.4

We are in the fact finding stages for a fresh implementation of Oracle 11i. In this regard could any one of you be able to provide me the resource requirements eg: Memory , Hard Disk etc [ atleast the minimum ] for implementing this product.
My current enviorenment is as follows. HP Vclass Server [ V2250] with 4 processors of 240Mhz each. 2 gb RAM and 210 GB of available free space . HP ux 11.0. This server currently has oracle 11.0.3 on it and the memory is consumed for this application.
3 REPLIES 3
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Re: Resource Requirement for Oracle11i version 11.5.4

Hi there.
You should get the necessary docmuents from either Oracle Technet or Oracle Metalink.
Your hardware sizing depends on the number of users, which will have access to the system.
Do you run the application / webserver on that V-class as well or do you run these on separate machines ? If you wnat to run everything on that V-class, you better plan a real upgrade on your hardware.
For 250 users you should think about 12 to 16 CPU's, 12 to 16 GB RAM and 600 to 800 GB disk space. That is a minimum. For our part here
we plan 20 CPU's, 20 GB RAM and 1.5 TB diskspace for all the database, we have.
Then we can run the webserver on this machine as well.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
By the way, why do you not try to contact your HP competence center ? Here in Germany these guys are really good in giving hints and ideas.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Faizer Jameel
Frequent Advisor

Alex
Could you please give me process of contacting HP resource center in Germany.
By the way we would be running the application and the web server on this V class machine. We intend to accomodate 10 users