1753797 Members
7300 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIG_IGN does not work

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>We can not daemonize our child process, since have option in parent process to kill child process in case of timeout.

Just hunt down the demon and kill it?
Of course if you can do this, you can also hunt down your zombies and kill them too. :-)

Back to your original problem. You could call waitpid with WNOHANG to do a poll of your child processes every hour or so.

>2. how to subvert the calls to sigprocmask?

Set a breakpoint there and analyze the mask and then change it to not block signal 11.

Or write function called sigprocmask, analyze and change the parms and then call _sigprocmask to do the work.

>3. Yes we have one thread in parent process.

You have created one additional thread?
sukhanya
Occasional Advisor

1.Yes we have one more thread in our parent process.

2.I read on article, in that they mentioned that sigprocmask() will have undesired results in multithreaded application. So i think we can't use sigprocmask() in our application.

Is there any other way to resolve this problem?

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>1. Yes we have one more thread in our parent process.

So you are multithreaded.

>2. in that they mentioned that sigprocmask will have undesired results in multithreaded application. So I think we can't use sigprocmask in our application.

The purpose of fiddling with sigprocmask(2) is to prevent the blocking of signal 11 so you can debug.

After 4 months and no points, it's probably time to contact the Response Center.