Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMH on RHEL 5

Christian B.
Super Advisor

SMH on RHEL 5

Hi All,

I have a Proliant Server running RHEL5, Im unable to use SMH.I tried http://ipaddress:2381 but nogo.How do i check if SMH is installed correctly or what else should i check.

Thank in advance
7 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: SMH on RHEL 5

Is your firewall enabled? If so, you need to allow port 2381.
Christian B.
Super Advisor

Thanks for the reply David I haved checked the Firewall settings and have allowed port 2381.
How do i check if SMH is installed and how do i reinstall SMH again.
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

You can check if the SMH installed on the system using

# rpm -qa | grep -i smh

If the SMH is already installed, you can check it's log /opt/hp/hpsmh/logs/smh.log

You can install the latest version of SMH available at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&prodNameId=3288132&swEnvOID=4006&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-e85a4029b2dd42959f1f82dda7

Christian B.
Super Advisor

Thanks i think reinstalling SMH resolved the issue, btw can we launch SMH from CLI ?
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

SMH on Windows and Linux doesn't provide text based interface, just web based interface.

On HP-UX, it does provide text based interface besides web based interface.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If you have installed the hp-health driver package, you should have the "hpasmcli" command available. It allows command-line access for some of the features of SMH.

See "man hpasmcli" for more information.

MK
MK
Christian B.
Super Advisor

Thank you