108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SNMP start order

SOLVED
Go to solution
jerrym
Trusted Contributor

SNMP start order

It seems that just restarting SnmpMaster does not restart the other snmp processes. I have to restart the other snmp scripts in /sbin/init.d also in order to get all info listed with snmpwalk. I am assuming the order is what is listed with ls in /sbin/rc1.d and /sbin/rc2.d for shutdown and startup. But just starting up the snmp mib script again seems to fix the problem with getting other info with snmpwalk.

Does anyone have any info on this?

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: SNMP start order

>I am assuming the order is what is listed with ls in /sbin/rc1.d and /sbin/rc2.d for shutdown and startup.

Yes, first by runlevel then by ascii sort order.  And the reverse for shutdown.  See rc(1m).

jerrym
Trusted Contributor

Correct on the list order.  I tried downloading snmpwalk for HP-UX, but it would not compile.

Don't care about Fddi or Ipv6. Don't know yet what Naa is yet. Just started Mib2 and was able to get more info output. But why I had to start this, I do not know. I see other posts on snmp about only having to restart SnmpMaster. But this does not seem to be the case. I am running 11.11 11.23 and 11.31.

K424SnmpFddi4
K435SnmpHpunix
K435SnmpIpv6
K435SnmpMib2
K435SnmpNaa
K435SnmpTrpDst
K440SnmpMaster

S560SnmpMaster
S565SnmpHpunix
S565SnmpIpv6
S565SnmpMib2
S565SnmpNaa
S565SnmpTrpDst
S576SnmpFddi4

jerrym
Trusted Contributor

I think I got it figured out. I had my script restarting in the wrong order. But, I have someone stating that they cannot get an disk info. What controls queering disks??    Checking man pages.