Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMPTRAP

SNMPTRAP

I am trying to test the node down SNMPTRAP but I can't seem to get it to work. I have gotten it to work from other systems but on my management server I can only seem to get it close, not working. I am using HP-UX 11.11 and I am issuing the following command:

snmptrap .1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.17.1.0.58916865 6 3 ""

The 3 was random picking, any number worked there. But that is the closest I could get to get it to flag in HP/OV. It would show up but if you did show origional message it would give you the following:

Event Object Identifier: .0.0.3
Generic Trap: (6) EnterpriseSpecific
Specific Trap: 3
Enterprise ID:
Variable Bindings: <$*>

I am clearly doing something wrong but I have tried this in tons of different ways that I have read online and in the MAN page and clearly I am misunderstanding something.

Thanks,

Bill Collyns