New Discussion юеВ

Samba 2.2.1a and HP-UX 10.20

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jim Adamson
Frequent Advisor

Samba 2.2.1a and HP-UX 10.20

Hi,
I am trying to upgrade Samba 2.0.7 to 2.2.1a. This is because I have read that 2.2.1a authenticates W2K hosts properly.

As I cannot find a HP compatible binary for 2.2.1a I am trying to compile it using HP ANSI/C compiler (10.20.1). When I run the 'configure' command the script fails at 'checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code. Aborting config'

The config.log file shows that the script cannot open include file ./tests/trivial.c. I am no programmer so start getting a bit confused here.

Has anyone else had this problem and know a solution or even better the location of a 2.2.1a binary. We can stay with samba 2.0.7 at a push but would prefer to upgrade.
thanks,
Jim.
Oh dear
4 REPLIES 4
Jeroen_D
Regular Advisor
Solution

Re: Samba 2.2.1a and HP-UX 10.20

Hi,

I have compiled samba 2.2.1a using HP ANSI/C Compiler rev.10.20.03 and had no problems.

Did you go into the ../src-directory ? You have to type ./configure in there.

Maybe you have some corrupt files ? Try redownloading the tarball.

I didn't find a binary file or package instructions either.

Good luck,
Jeroen.
Vincent Stedema
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Could you perhaps post the complete config.log? That'll help in determining the source of your probs.

Regards,

Vincent
Jim Adamson
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Jeroen,
I downloaded a new tarball from a different site and it compiled with no error's. I was looking for a complex solution that was not needed!

Jim
Oh dear
Christian Schulze
Regular Advisor

Hi Jeroen

are you using winbind on HPUX ?

Christian
never touch a running system