1752701 Members
5642 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Screen-Lock file in $HOME/.dt

Kong Kian Chay
Regular Advisor

Screen-Lock file in $HOME/.dt

Anybody knows which file in user's $HOME/.dt is responsible for Screen-Locking and what is the command line for turning Screen Lock Off/On in this File ?
4 REPLIES 4
Steffi Jones_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Screen-Lock file in $HOME/.dt

Hello,

check this out:
$HOME/.dt/sessions/home/dt.resources
and
$HOME/.dt/sessions/current/dt.resources

grep for lock in those files.

Hope that points in the correct direction,

Steffi Jones
Kong Kian Chay
Regular Advisor

Steffi

I have tried using my own Personal A/C -- turning screen lock ON & OFF, and examining the contents of all files in sub-dir $HOME/.dt/sessions/current/*.

There are NO CHANGES at all in these files and there is no keyword "lock" at all in these files.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

Anybody else can help ?

NOTE : I have also performed an "ll -R $HOME/.dt" before & after turning Screen Lock ON, but could not find any difference in Dates / Time in any of the files.
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

No single file is responsible, the settings are held as a resource, if you don't change em I guess it would explain why no date change.

NB I hope you rm -R 'd the dir whilst logged out of CDE ?

Anyway 2 mmethods to set/disable :

xset -s (see man xset) or via CDE 's front panel ... more options here .... go to the artist palette - mouse #fonts icon, double click and go into screen.

also more info on which resources are then changed : see man dtsession & dtstyle.
Kong Kian Chay
Regular Advisor

Alex

Thanks for your pointer. I will read up & try the commands suggested -- may have to wait for a few days to see the effect on the users.