1751768 Members
4681 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Screen lock

Screen lock

Hi all,

Some times when my screen is in economy mode i can not have the access on my system.

I need to reboot the workstation (HP-UX 11.00, Model B2000 workstation).

Thanks for your help.
6 REPLIES 6
John Meissner
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen this on one of my co-workers workstations. He has a B2600 (I had to reboot it just now because it was locked). I'm not sure what this problem is but another workstation (at a different location) has this same problem. - let me know if you figure it out
All paths lead to destiny
Helen French
Honored Contributor

It would be great if you provide more information: what type of screen? are you talking about console? Do you have any password set for the screen? Is the session hanging? If you want to kill the session and start another one, use "ps -ef" command to see processes running and then use "kill" command.

To shutdown the WS, login from a telnet session and issue the command:
# shutdown -h -y 0
Life is a promise, fulfill it!

The problem is the same with different screen.
The screen still blank and it is not a problem with the password. But i can not do anything we my workstation is in this state.
Bill McNAMARA_1
Honored Contributor

workaround might be to turn off DPMS from sam?

what does
graphinfo
report.
It works for me (tm)
Helen French
Honored Contributor

If you know the IP address, then try doing a telnet from another system. If you can login to the system, check what process is running on the workstation? Kill any hung process and if needed, you can gracefully shutdown the system from telnet session.
Life is a promise, fulfill it!

Dear Mr Wilson,

It is not a problem for me to restart the session, but i would like know if somebody know a solution to resloved the blank screen locked when my system go to in the economic mode.
Because sometimes my system still in this state, and it is necessary that i restart my workstation.

I have this problem with 3 workstation B2000 HP9000.

Thanks