108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Secure Path

CowBoy
Regular Advisor

Secure Path

Dear All
I have a HP-UX + Oracle 10g .
after installing the Hp-Ux i had to change the path of character devices of disks by rmsf&mksf but the problem is the secure path does not recognize the new path that i gave to the device and after APP 2 Hours the oracle suddenly craches .
how can i register the handy character device to prevent this disaster?????
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Secure Path

>> after installing the Hp-Ux i had to change the path of character devices of disks by rmsf&mksf

what did the devices look like before, what commands did you actually run? why did you need to change the device file names?

basically can you submit more detail pls?

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
CowBoy
Regular Advisor

Hi
I have 3 RAC nodes The third one has been crashed and i installed it again but the address is not the same as the others and i had to change the adress.
The problem is secure path do recognize the original address

yes, you said that already... can you answer my questions - what did you see before, what commands did you run, what do you see now?

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo

... incidentally, are you using ASM here? ASM does not expect device files to match between hosts. It's easier from a management perspective if they do, but not necessary.

So a device could be /dev/rdsk/c3t5d0 on one host and /dev/rdsk/c8t5d0 on the other and ASM wouldn't care.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo