Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Mail.

SOLVED
Go to solution
fizan
Super Advisor

Send Mail.

mailx -s "/usr/local/admin/command-history-review/reports/ptst07.command-history-review.sh.120111" /usr/local/admin/command-history-review/report linda.doon@xyz.com

when i fire this to send the test reports to my mail box, this gets no result no prompt is coming:

ps -ef |grep sendmail
root 29767 1 0 16:36:20 ? 0:00 sendmail: accepting connections

send mail service stop & started also.
5 REPLIES
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Send Mail.

You would need to do:
mailx -s "subject ..." linda.doon@xyz.com < report-file
fizan
Super Advisor

mailx -s "test mail" linda.doon@xyz.com /usr/local/admin/command-history-review/reports/uxt07.command-history-review.sh.120111.txt

Same it after firing it goes to the hung state, means no promt getting.

Jose Mosquera
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi fizan,
Please use the syntax indicated by Dennis Handly. If you only send mail from your box I suggest you that set to deaf mode the sendmail service. This do not affect your outgoing messages and you gain a security environment. To test this first set deaf mode:
#/sbin/init.d/sendmail stop
Then try send an email with the appropiated syntax, or use this easy way:
#echo "Hello"|sendmail -v linda.doon@xyz.com
-v (verbose option) show you a useful debug trace.
To make this mode permanent please set to 0 the SENDMAIL_SERVER variable placed into /etc/rc.config.d/mailservs file. After change this value to 0 (zero) an error message appear if try to activate the service by the command:
#/sbin/init.d/sendmail start

Rgds.
Jose Mosquera
Honored Contributor

fisan,
Please do not forget include the minor than symbol (<) in the command sintax as Dennis have indicated you:

mailx -s "subject" linda.doon@xyz.com < file

Rgds.
fizan
Super Advisor

Thanks i got the reports to my mail, thanks a lot experts.