Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Port in HP-9000 D-class

David Navarro
Respected Contributor

Serial Port in HP-9000 D-class

Hi all,
I need to configure a serial port on D-class to communicate with an application in a PC. Communications must be with HW flow control, and I need to configure HP9000 port , serial port is in mux with 10 pins RJ45 port, I don't remember P/N. I need to initialize port to 1200bps 8n1. My problem is that I can't remember how to do this, I have done that years ago, I remeber that I must insert a line in innitab file. And I need to change minor in device file.

Any help?
3 REPLIES
Rainer von Bongartz
Honored Contributor

Re: Serial Port in HP-9000 D-class

David,

You use stty to set parameter of serial devices.

stty 1200 cs8 < /dev/tty...

should be sufficient.

He's a real UNIX Man, sitting in his UNIX LAN making all his UNIX plans for nobody ...
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Hello David,

setup the UUCP files for that, in "/etc/uucp":
Systems
Devices
Dialers

Then you can try with "cu(1M)", to see if everything is
working. The O'Reilly book "Managing UUCP..." would
be helpful, btw...

HTH,
Wodisch
Victor_5
Trusted Contributor

Yes, stty is enough. One more point: you need to create the device file first. The easiest way is SAM: peripheral device --> action
You also can use insf or mksf to do so.

man for details.