New Discussion юеВ

Re: Server Warning Light

SOLVED
Go to solution
kranges
Occasional Visitor

Server Warning Light

Hello Everyone,

I've recently been put into a position of dealing with this ancient HP UX server. The person who use to deal with this system is no longer with us (passed away). So I am unable to ask anyone for support. Hopefully someone here can help me out or point me in the right direction...

Once in a while we have a system status light come on blinking orange because one of the power supplies has a small interuption. I was able to telnet into the system logs with the below commands and confirm this is the case

SL to display event logs
E for system events
T for text view mode

It was only about a 30 second interuption and everything is fine (happens once or twice a year) but I am unsure on how to clear the light.

Can anyone point me to a mannual or provide some info on how to clear the light? I'd really like to get it cleared because obviously if something else goes wrong we need to be aware. I looked around MP mode but nothing sticks out to me. I can't stress enough how out of my depth I am on this hardware as I'm a software developer now in charge of all of this. We have a service contract with a third party since HP no longer supports the product but I'd like to not have to involve them for something so small.

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

You did not tell about the server model.

However, you need to read the logs to acknowledge them, then the LED will go off.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
kranges
Occasional Visitor

You were correct. I just had to read it. Thank you!