1753894 Members
7553 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Server boot failed

Kevin_peng
Advisor

Server boot failed

My server boot failed and the boot mesaage display stop to 'Enable swap'.servre did't show any message.What proble with it.
BTW,I can remote login to server ,network is work.
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Server boot failed

The swap is usually enabled very early in the start-up process, certainly before network.
If you can log in remotely, the server may have booted correctly even though the display may have frozen.

Check the /var/log directory: if there is a file named "boot" or "boot.log", read it.

What kind of Linux distribution do you have? RedHat, SuSE, Fedora, Debian or something else?
MK
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

You'll probably need to boot in single-user mode and fsck the appropriate disk(s).
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

If it's a Red Hat or derivate version, that messages is the last message you see in text mode when you boot using graphical boot. And as you have network, maybe something is happening at the graphical boot and you can't see it.

Try pressing CTRL+ALT+F7 (Or f8 f9 f10 f11 f12), I don't remember exactly, or disable the graphical boot.

Edit your /boot/grub.conf file and remove the kernel parameter "rhgb".
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?