1753521 Members
4859 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Servers not being monitored

RichardR
Occasional Advisor

Ok, the next step is to make sure your devices are entitled. This is based on the serial number and product number discussed earlier.

Under Warranty and Contract you should be able to see this information. Is the device entitled?

I am an HP employee
seamasters
Advisor

Don,

>>> Do I have to have the management agents installed on the server I want to monitor? 

Yes you have to have the management agents installed even if you have SNMP turned on.  The agents themselves have the code that monitors the hardware and sends traps when issues in the hardware are detected.  In addition, the agents provide access to specific hardware details that are collected and sent to HP.  

>>> Shouldn't I be able to enable SNMP on the server I want to monitor without the management agents? 

See the answer above.  I am not sure which type of servers you are talking about and which OS.  The following document contains instructions on how to configure the monintored end points:

"HP Insight Remote Support 7.0.5 Monitored Devices Configuration Guide" at the Insighte Remote Support Documentation site

>>> The test I am running is from the CMS where a SNMP test queries the server I want to monitor.  The servers in question have been like this for 2 weeks or more so it's not time related..

RIght, as part of the periodic scheduled collections, Insight Remote Support checks for the agents.  This is because they are expecting to be able to find data provided by the agents.  It will continue to fail until the end point is configured.  

Once you have the Monitored Endpoints configured, you can use the "Collection Services" screen to trigger a collection from the servers manually.  This will update the health information when the collection is complete.  It is a good way to figure out if you have resolved the issue.  Use the "Server Basic Collection" schedule, or create your own schedule and just add the server(s) that you are working with.  Then use the "Run Now" button.

I am an HP employee.
RichardR
Occasional Advisor

Also LaunchWHC is a V5.x command.

It has no purpose and does not exist in an IRS 7.x environment.

I am an HP employee
Don_Greman
Occasional Advisor

I am running V5.70 as the customer is running Windows 2003 so 7.x will not work.  I do not have the agents installed so I will close this until I get them installed.  I have questions on an EVA and a P2000.  Do I need to open a new thread or can we continue on this one?

RichardR
Occasional Advisor

Should probably use a new thread for new topic.

I am an HP employee
toddg1
HPE Pro

Would be best to open a new thread, so we can find the MSA/P2000 specific question later.

I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Don_Greman
Occasional Advisor

OK I installed the agents and ran a verify but both systems still show the same error.