Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceGuard cluster locks

Dolores Capers
Contributor

ServiceGuard cluster locks

When I look in the syslog I get the following error:

WARNING: Cluster lock on disk /dev/dsk/c1t0d5 is missing!
until it is fixed, a single failure could cause all nodes in the cluster to crash.

I looked on the systems and the secondary was missing the special file for this disk. So, I used insf to create it and did the cmapplyconf again. But that didn't work. What am I missing?
3 REPLIES
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: ServiceGuard cluster locks

Hi:

To affect an update in the cluster lock disk, the cluster must be halted before you run 'cmapplyconf'.

...JRF...
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

I think this thread is pretty good, it gives some pretty good step by step instructions on this:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,1150,0x6ceff841489fd4118fef0090279cd0f9,00.html

/rcw
Carlos Fernandez Riera
Honored Contributor

Perhaps you get a failed disk.

Check first:
dmesg
ioscan -fCdisk # search for
vi /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log
vgdisplay -v | grep stale
If this is the problem change failed disk. If the disk is hot plug you not need stop the cluster:

pvcreate
vgcfgrestore
vgchange -a y
vgsync

And cluster lock willbe regenerated.

If your problem is not a failed disk, you must stop cluster and reaply configuration.

There are more threads, and more complete, about this question.

unsupported