1752577 Members
5045 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setting up munin node on hp-ux

Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Setting up munin node on hp-ux

Ralph Grothe -- If you are out there I could use your help getting munin node installed and setup on hpux. Otherwise, If anyone has done this, any pointers would be appreciated. I have tried installing from source, but keep getting Makefile issues.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
12 REPLIES 12
Mw_6
Occasional Advisor

I would also like to get Munin-node working on HP-UX. But so far not having much luck with it on HP-UX.
Does anyone have a HP-UX munin depot for a HP rx6600 system?

Thanks.
Mike White
Lizardo Desilos
Occasional Advisor

You will need to install gmake for having a working munin node or server, there are somes depots about gmake on the web,

I'm having problems to graph, but the installation was ok

Greetings
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

I have gmake installed. I get errors with both make and gmake. I tried building munin 1.2.6. I get the following error from make:

sh: Syntax error at line 30 : `)' is not expected.
*** Error exit code 2

And this from gmake:

/bin/sh: Syntax error at line 30 : `)' is not expected.
gmake: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

Same issue either way. I have tried rummaging through the make file, but I have not had time to figure it out.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Lizardo Desilos
Occasional Advisor

You only need to make a:

gmake install-node install-node-plugins

after editing Makefile.config, for HP-UX you need to add this lines:

# For HP-UX, comment out the corresponding two lines above and comment in these

CHECKUSER = $(shell pwget -n $(USER) >/dev/null 2>/dev/null (echo "echo User $(USER) nonexistant. Create the user and retry;
exit 2"))

CHECKGROUP = $(shell grget -n $(GROUP) >/dev/null 2>/dev/null (echo "echo Group $(GROUP) nonexistant. Create the group and re
try; exit 2"))

greetings,
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I get the following error from make:
sh: Syntax error at line 30 : `)' is not expected.
>I have tried rummaging through the makefile, but I have not had time to figure it out.

You need to figure out which build rule has that problem. Which would have >= 30 lines?

I suppose you could replace $SHELL by a script that invokes sh with -x?
Mw_6
Occasional Advisor

Okay I got it to compile (thanks the above suggests helped). Now I'm trying to get munin-node working - its listening on port 4949 but I'm not getting any data.
Anyone have a munin plugin that's working for HP-UX?
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

It still doesn't work.

gmake install-node install-node-plugins

/bin/sh: Syntax error at line 30 : `)' is not expected.
gmake: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

I had already tried that back when I first started this thread. The error seems to be in the build-stamp portion of the make file. I just need to look at it.
Lizardo Desilos
Occasional Advisor

Court: You can try with a new sources, I attach my Makefile.config, I wish it helps

Mw: the standar df plugin works for me, but my munin server dont graph the data, maybe you can search where is the problem in the munin-node.log

Greetings,
Lizardo Desilos
Occasional Advisor

Doh!

Finally I have a working df plugin, the problem was on the restriction in munin-node.conf,

you will need to add a host for get the report, by default its only restricted to localhost (127.0.0.1)

allow ^X\.X\.X\.X$

Now my df plugins it graph!

Greetings