Operating System - Microsoft
1752785 Members
5997 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Sharing Deskjet 722c on a Dlink Print Server

Eric Van Zant

Sharing Deskjet 722c on a Dlink Print Server

When I connect my DJ to the print server port on my router I can't get it to print. I need some help configuring it to be able to be used on the print server.

3 REPLIES 3
scott rubin

I am having the exact same problem.
So far it seems the HP722C won't work with our Dlink Print Server (di-704p).
The only thing i found was to try win95 driver which didn't work for me.
Please post if you get it working and so will I.
scott rubin

Got it to work!
Had to install win95 driver got from hp.com,
the file was called dj156en.exe, not the dj720en.exe file.
then hooked up the printer directly back to the computer, double-clicked the dj156en.exe so the install would go smoothly.
then after rebooted, go to Properties-Details of new Printer found in Printers (HP Deskjet 720C Series) and change port to Dlink, Port Settings to 192.168.0.1 (already set), Spool Data Format to RAW, Disable bi-directional support. Voila...
somewhere during the printer setup when printer was connected to computer, it asked for a .inf file so i point to the disk1 directory whereever the dj156en.exe install put it.
this works from my win98 first edition box but still having trouble getting it to work from win98 SE box.
C. Marshall

I agree with Scott Rubin's approach which is confirmed by the dLink support team.
I've got 2 XP units and an old WIN98 machine sharing a single HP DeskJet 722C through a dLink 713P's printer port. One of the XPs is hardwired through the 713P LAN port. The other XP unit and the WIN98 machines are both accessing the 713P wirelessly.
The 2 XP machines were a snap to access the 713P using the most current 722 driver, since networking is built in. The WIN98 machine was more of a problem.

Confirming Scott's approach for the WIN98 PC:
1. Using Add/Remove Software, remove the existing WIN98 printer driver. Reboot.
2. Download the dj156en.exe driver from http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/dj722c_swen.html to your hard disk. Once downloaded, open it and allow the printer driver to install. On my PC, I did not have the printer hooked directly to the PC and told the installer to assume the printer would be installed on LPT1. Once complete, reboot again.
3. If you have not already done so, put the 713P installation CD in the PC with Win98. Select and install the dLink printer spooler software. Reboot.
4. Click on START, SETTINGS, PRINTER. Left click once on the HP720 Icon. Make sure it is the default printer by checking the FILE menu. (The 720 icon should have a check mark above it.)
5. _Right_ click once on the HP720 icon. Select PROPERTIES. Select the "Details" tab. Select the "Dlink LTP Printer Port" from the pull down menu. Click on PORT SETTINGS and confirm that the proper IP address has been selected. (Should be 192.168.0.1) Click on SPOOL SETTINGS and change Spool Data format to "RAW." Turn off bi-directional printing. Say OK to everything. Reboot.