New Discussion

Re: Smart-Array Administration Utility (hpacucli) FreeBSD amd64

SOLVED
Go to solution
nsoder
Occasional Advisor

@Alzhy,

I'm trying to build a bootable USB stick with the Smart Array firmware found here:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3902574&swItem=MTX-2bc3d0d5a4db40549ee6c97485&prodNameId=3902575&swEnvOID=2023&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=1

I will try to apply it using the tools on the Firmware Maintenance disc I found here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1844068&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=1844067&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

I'm not 100% sure if the version referenced is the same as the "SmartStart" disc that came with the systems, but my discs say Version 8.20 and the newest firmware says to use something later than Version 9.00. The Firmware Maintenance disc says Version 9.20.

The HP bootable USB tool was having an issue reading the .ISO (md5 checksums matched... odd...) so I'm currently burning it to DVD, and will try to create the USB image using that option instead.

Anyway, assuming it's the same utilities, I will be testing the new Smart Array firmware on our test Proliant this weekend (I wasn't able to get in a maintenance window for the problematic machine.) So, I'll test the firmware on the test machine, and put in a request for next weekend (Jan 15th) to down the troublesome server.

Thank $Deity I ordered three of these! :)

Thanks,
nsoder
nsoder
Occasional Advisor

Alzhy, just wanted to let you know that creating a bootable USB stick worked after I burned that .ISO to DVD... still weird that it couldn't use the .ISO file, but oh well!

I updated the firmware on the test machine first, and it went smoothly and by the book. I noticed that it also seemed to have updated the main BIOS (wasn't expecting that, but cool!).

I'll run this in testing for a week and hopefully I get the down time this weekend to apply these updates to the symptomatic box.

Thanks,
nsoder