1753802 Members
7300 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Static route strange behavior

irt_1
Frequent Advisor

Static route strange behavior

On my site I have 2 separate network on A site and B site (MAN/WAN) they are linked with 2 separate network one for PRODUCTION which is 10.32 to 10.132 and other for BACKUP (for Veritas Netbackup) which is 10.49 to 10.149.

10 32 and 10.49 are on the site A ; 10.132 and 10.149 are on the site B. Every server on site A and Site B will have those PRODUCTION and backup network CONNECTION.

On each site we have 1 HPUX system and 1 Tru64 system (just say on site A: HPA, TRUA, on site B: HPB, TRUB). The PRODUCTION connection for all the system are running OK, they can ping, ftp, telnet to each other. But the BACKUP network is not.

On the BACKUP network they can ping to each other fine, but or FTP-ing is a bit funny. HPA can FTP to TRUA and TRUB fine, including transferring 1 GB files (both ways). HPB also ok with TRUB and TRUA. The strange thing is if HPA ftp to HPB the can connect but if I tried to transfer, it just hang until timeout (both way). Also the same thing happened if TRUA to TRUB.

ItтАЩs funny why between the same HPUX or the same TRU64 they can not do the ftp (to the remote site) but itтАЩs OK if it is across platform. I believe there is something wrong with the setting (static route setting? Mtu setting?)

Actually the main goal is just connect the HPA and HPB the Tru64 I just use for reference since they all are there. .

Anyone has any idea what is happening
2 REPLIES 2
Muthukumar_5
Honored Contributor

Re: Static route strange behavior

Can you check ftp login with verbose / status mode on both side on hp-ux as,

HPA: ftp HPB
ftp> verbose
ftp> status
ftp> user
ftp> status

Can you do remote copying with rcp / scp just for checking to ensure problem on ftp.

HTH.
Easy to suggest when don't know about the problem!
irt_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: Static route strange behavior

thanks for the reply.

After we tried to isolate the problem looks like the problem lies on HPB GBE Fibre network card (we tried the FE on HPB and put in the 10.149 network was working fine), its a HP A7011-60001 type card.

The connection through this card is OK if just within the LAN, but go problem WAN. Other HP server using different type of GBE Fibre card did not have any problem.

We are escalating to HP.

BTW anyone know that this card have a patch or firmware update?

Regards,

Iwan