Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggested Oracle Rman configuration for backup

SOLVED
Go to solution

Suggested Oracle Rman configuration for backup

Hi. I would like to implement RMAN disk to disk backups of my Oracle 9.2.0.8 database. I have a rp3440 4 cpu 16GB server connected to a EVA5000 SAN. My database is 450GB with approximately 71 datafiles of 8GB each using VxFS. My EVA luns are Vraid5. What would be a good starting point as to channel parallelism and multiplexing and any other considerations to gain good performance. Thanks
2 REPLIES
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Suggested Oracle Rman configuration for backup

Hi Morris,

About paralelism, with 4 cpu's, you can set it to 4. For multiplexing, I don't use it. I think the more important is to use a different storage than the one where are the datafiles: tapes or other PHYSICAL disks.

Best Regards,

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.
Eric Antunes
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggested Oracle Rman configuration for backup

Hi Morris,

About parallelism, with 4 cpu's, you can set it to 4. For multiplexing, I don't use it. I think the more important is to use a different storage than the one where are the datafiles: tapes or other PHYSICAL disks.

Best Regards,

Eric
Each and every day is a good day to learn.