Operating System - Linux
1752794 Members
5971 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Suse 9.0, Insight management, Proliant DL-320

Bruno Gallant

Suse 9.0, Insight management, Proliant DL-320

Hello, I want to install the insight management tools (hpasm) on a Suse 9.0 Pro installed on a Proliant DL-320. I have tried many things, but I am stumped.

Two questions:

-Is it possible to make it work?

-How do I do it?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Michael Williams_6
Trusted Contributor

Re: Suse 9.0, Insight management, Proliant DL-320

SuSE 9.0 Pro is not supported on HP Systems, you'll have to shell out for SLES9 which is.

In general no hardware vendor will certify a standard edition linux on their hardware (The exception being RedHat). Only ever install enterprise products on enterprise hardware, otherwise just buy a pc and stick linux on that!

Mike
Bruno Gallant

Hello, the code base seems to be the same. I can understand that it's not "supported", but it should work the same! I tried many things, and made it work for some time, mostly by luck, it seems, before I noticed that the load average was topping at 100%.

I played with it some more, but I think I got lost in the versions of it. It's only later that I realized that the 100% load average was because the storage agent could not grok the ReiserFS that I have installed.

I can't reinstall this particular machine. If somebody else had problems like me, please provide some clues, it would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bruno Gallant

Nobody bothered to answer me, because it is an "unsupported" question. Oh yeah, I was told to buy the Enterprise Suse...

Thank you very much for no service.