New Discussion юеВ

Syslog messages and EMS questions

SOLVED
Go to solution
Achilles_2
Regular Advisor

Syslog messages and EMS questions

Hi all,

I checked the syslog and found that there are some messages I don't understand. Please give me some advises and the solutions, thanks a lot!!

Regards
Alex
-----------------------------------------------
syslog: libtt[14395]: ttdt_Xt_input_handler(): tttk_message_receive(): TT_ERR_NOMP^INo ttsession process is running, probably because tt_open() has not been called yet. If this code is returned from tt_open() it means ttsession could not be started, which generally means ToolTalk is not installed on this system.
EMS [1148]: ----- EMS Monitor Restart ----- Title: disk_em Command: /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/tools/monitor/disk_em Vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company Version: B.01.00 To obtain a list of currently monitored resources, execute the following: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 1533300606
EMS [1164]: ----- EMS Monitor Restart ----- Title: dm_core_hw Command: /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/tools/monitor/dm_core_hw Vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company Version: B.01.00 To obtain a list of currently monitored resources, execute the following: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 1998375097
EMS [1179]: ----- EMS Monitor Restart ----- Title: dm_memory Command: /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/tools/monitor/dm_memory Vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company Version: B.01.00 To obtain a list of currently monitored resources, execute the following: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 3111254123
EMS [1188]: ----- EMS Monitor Restart ----- Title: lpmc_em Command: /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/tools/monitor/lpmc_em Vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company Version: B.01.00 To obtain a list of currently monitored resources, execute the following: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 3292848383
EMS [1196]: ----- EMS Monitor Restart ----- Title: sysstat_em Command: /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/tools/monitor/sysstat_em Vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company Version: A.01.00 To obtain a list of currently monitored resources, execute the following: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 3376148974
EMS [1164]: ------ EMS Event Notification ------ Value: "SERIOUS (4)" for Resource: "/system/events/core_hw/core_hw" (Threshold: >= " 3") Execute the following command to obtain event details: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 76283906 -r /system/events/core_hw/core_hw -n 76283905 -a
EMS [1382]: ----- EMS Monitor Restart due to system reboot ----- Title: dm_stape Command: /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/tools/monitor/dm_stape Vendor: Hewlett-Packard Company Version: B.01.00 To obtain a list of currently monitored resources, execute the following: /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 86234607
-----------------------------------------------
3 REPLIES 3
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Syslog messages and EMS questions

Hi,
FOR SYSLOG:
The Message seems to be normal and not so serious.
Seems like Tooltalk software was earlier installed and either removed from the system but the configurations or any cron or backgroung process for the same still exists and tries to run it this gives the error in syslog.

FOR EMS :
Please try to execute any one of the Above EMS Message from root to get the description
Example
execute the following:
#/opt/resmon/bin/resdata -M 3376148974
You will get a somewhat descriptive output which can take you to the problem.

Regards,

Imran
I'll sleep when i am dead.
Achilles_2
Regular Advisor

FOR SYSLOG, so how do I modify the configurations or any cron.
Shaikh Imran
Honored Contributor

Hi,
First confirm from swlist whether tooltalk sofware is installed or not.
Be cautious some softwares are in use and they just give out these messages for information also so befor doing this pls confirm 10 times whether
what is this s/w ?
who installed it ?
who is using it ?
Decide and confirm you are using the software or not then,
Check for some jobs related to this software via cron by
#crontab -l
check for the start script related to this software in /sbin/init.d
if available stop it from there itself.

Regards,

I'll sleep when i am dead.