Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System hang

SOLVED
Go to solution
nasmel
Frequent Advisor

System hang

Recently i added two disks into my linux box.its configured with RAID 1(H/W raid).After adding these two disks everyday morning my system is getting hanged,after rebboting itworks normally.
what will be the problem
5 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: System hang

Do you see something relevant in /var/log/messages?

Before adding the HW RAID, was the RAID Controller active? That is, before adding the disks did you have a RAID already (for os or data)?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
nasmel
Frequent Advisor

i couldnt find anything related to disk in var/log/messages,there r some entreis regarding the crond.
The system was running RAID 1 before am adding new disk.I configured another Raid 1 and added two disks to that RAID.

Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You should configure a remote syslog server. This because there could be the situation where the log cannot be registered because you cannot write to the disk because an I/O hang.

You should try updating your kernel module for the hardware raid controller or your kernel itself if the module is alredy included.

What is your raid controller model? Are the RAIDs in the right status (sync)?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
George Liu_4
Trusted Contributor

any error on the console? Sometimes error message may not be logged by syslog.
TANHM
Advisor

Most properly is the controller issue. Please check on bios level, check whether the controller is being installed & configured properly.