108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TG3 driver, Linux and Insight Manager Agents

SOLVED
Go to solution
Don_89
Trusted Contributor

TG3 driver, Linux and Insight Manager Agents

Anyone using the TG3 NIC driver and getting it to show up in Insight Manager? I'm running Red Hat ES 2.1 on a DL380 G3 with all the HP agents.. Everything works fine except I only get a 'Virtual Nic' under the NIC section. If I load compile/load the BCM5700 driver from Compaq, I see the NC7781 Gigabye Adapter..

5 REPLIES 5
Roshan Sequeira
Advisor
Solution

The tg3 driver doesnot create the /proc/net/nicinfo/.info file. I believe this is required by the Insight Manager agents. I don't have a setup handy to verify this.

I have a patch for the tg3 driver to report network staistics through /proc/net/nicinfo like the bcm5700 driver. I have used it with 0.97 and 1.0 versions of tg3. I can send it to you if you want to give it a try. What version of the tg3 driver are you using?
Don_89
Trusted Contributor

I definately interested. Send the patch, I'm using TG3 driver version 1.32.2.80 on Red Hat ES 2.1.

dooneill@deloitte.com

thanks..
Roshan Sequeira
Advisor

I'll attach patches to tg3.c and tg3.h. These will apply cleanly to tg3 driver versions 0.97 and 1.0. I couldn't find an ES 2.1 distribution close by, so I couldn't verify that the patch applies correctly to your version of the driver as well. Let me know if you have any problems applying the patch.

Roshan Sequeira
Advisor

Patch for tg3.c
Roshan Sequeira
Advisor

Patch for tg3.h