Operating System - Linux
1752311 Members
5935 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Touchpad Sound control isnt working fine in HP laptop

subbu2687

Touchpad Sound control isnt working fine in HP laptop

Im using HP DV3 lptop and i have installed ubuntu 9.10 linux in my machine. Im not able to play sound when using linux. It is always in mute.

The touchpad shows that the sound control is always in MUTE(Red in colour). Im not able to play any sound. But the changes i make by touching the sound control are reflected in the screen but the sound isnt playing. I ve also checked my sound settings in System->Preferences->Sound and it is fine.

Also the same is the case with my WIFI connectivity. It shows that it is always connected(Blue in colour). But the changes i make by touching it are reflected in the screen and im able to connect and disconnect to a network.

Please help me in resolving this issue. Im a new user to ubuntu linux and im confused.
Thanks in advance!!

Note: The above said features are working fine in Windows 7.
2 REPLIES 2
DecayedDreams

Re: Touchpad Sound control isnt working fine in HP laptop

same here with the sound everything looks like the sound works except for the touchpad. I've tried reseting it continuously cause I found that that works at times but sometimes I have to reset it over 20 times and others just once. It doesn't always happen but when it does it's annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Martin Berbee

Re: Touchpad Sound control isnt working fine in HP laptop