Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truss

akthar
Occasional Contributor

Truss

Hi Gurus,

Can Any of you tell me what is the Truss(solaris) equivalent command in Hp-ux11. Thanks in advance
Locomotive38
6 REPLIES
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Re: Truss

Hi akthar,

That would be the tusc utility.
This is not an included OS util.

tusc 7.3 for HP-UX 11.0 is available at:

http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/tusc-7.3/

HTH,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
akthar
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Jeff,

Furthere I have to compile or I can directly you the binaries ,,It is strictly that I have copy this binary to /usr/bin or can be in any path.??? Thanks ...
Locomotive38
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Jeff is right.
tusc is the equivalent of truss.
you can also get it from

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Sysadmin/tusc-7.3/

Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Hi (again),

The binaries for HP-UX 11.0 are available at the site listed, as well as the source.

The binaries install via a standard HP swinstall pkg & they install to /opt/tusc by default. But there's no reason why you couldn't create a link to them from wherever you wish.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
rick jones
Honored Contributor

The tusc utility is now up to revision 7.4. I take bits from Chris bertin's HP-internal site and place them at ftp://ftp.cup.hp.com/dist/networking/tools/

From there they may get mirrored elsewhere - I think they also end-up on the DSPP.

When one upacks the shar file (that is the form I get it in from Chris) it will also make a link from "truss" to tusc and if invoked as "truss" it will do a good, though perhaps not identical, emulation of truss.

Still, I would suggest running it as tusc.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
akthar
Occasional Contributor

Gurus..

Lots of good thoughts and you all enlightened me in this area ...Thanks a lot..

Akthar
Locomotive38