New Discussion юеВ

Re: Tusc for windows ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Tusc for windows ??

Hi to all

I am looking for somthing similar to tusc to run on a windoze machine.

I know it is not HP-UX but I knew this would be the best place to seek help.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
6 REPLIES 6
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Robert

Thanks I knew this was the place to ask.

That is exactly what I require.

Paula
James A. Donovan
Honored Contributor

H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Though RJ exactly answered your question, I'd like to add SysInternals:http://www.sysinternals.com/sitemap.shtml
They have a lot of very good utilities that helped me debugging in a Windoze environment in the past, and still come in handy once in a while

Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn [ Who especially likes they BGInfo and Process Explorer ]
Enjoy, Have FUN! H.Merijn
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Merjin

I don't really think one debugs in a windows environment, it is more of finding the inbuilt bug that is affecting what you want to do. You know simple things like not having to reboot twice a day.

Thanks

Paula
H.Merijn Brand (procura
Honored Contributor

Hmm, mabe the question here is more about what to call or how to define "debugging" when on winblows.

I've spent too much time already in tracking down a missing '+' sign in a javascript written originally in dreamweaver and edited with vi on unix, but running under IE on Win2k.

I still prefer the extreme verbose avalange of errors and warnings spit from AIX' vac C compiler over line numbers reported by IE that don't even exist, let alone the reported file name that is incorrect in 95% of the cases.

I still call this debugging. It's all about tracing back the location of where an application fails.