1748019 Members
4381 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

UPS Management Module lost password

SOLVED
Go to solution

UPS Management Module lost password

How can I recover a lost password of a UPS Management module?

I'm trying the pass-thru terminal but can't find any command for it.

Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: UPS Management Module lost password

Hi Jean,

Default username and password is admin

thanks,
aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

The default has been changed. Must find a way to get around it or reset it.

thanks
Ali
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Jean,

Connect locally using serial port connection, reset the module and press a key within 5 sec to access the service menu.

check page no 20-25 of UPS management module user guide for configuration details.
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00865951/c00865951.pdf

Steps to Recover/Reset the password.

1. Be sure that you have connected the configuration cable to the management module and the host computer with an open terminal emulation session.

2. Press the Reset button on the management module front panel.

3. On the terminal emulation session screen running on the host computer, the POST executes, and the following prompt appears:

Press any key in 5 seconds to enter Service menu.

4. Press a key to enter the HP UPS Management Module Service Menu.

5. change/reset the password and other settings required to access module remotely.

Hope this helps,

Please keep me posted ont he outcome.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!

Accept or Kudo

I can'T find anyway to reset the password. By the terminal I can't get to it. And by web or telnet, I need a password to enter, wish I don't have.
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Jean,

Steps mentioned has helped to recover the information in my case. although I had done long time back.

However, in your case you are able to get through to terminal.

sometime downgrading or upgrading firmware of UPS management module reset the settings to default and you should be able to login using default user admin (lowercase)

UPS management module latest firmware
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=Z7550-63113

Please note : you may to reconfigure the module after the firmware upgrade as it loads defaults.

if you are still not able to login or reset the password then log a case with HP.

Module replacement seems to be last resort.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Ok When I connect throught the terminal I don't have a Menu, online a very limited command prompt.
Brian Vo
Trusted Contributor

reboot the module t with serial connecting to Config Port. Set Hyperterminal to 115,200, 8, N, 1, None. Hit a key when see the prompt "Hit any key in 5 minutes.." It will get into the main menu. Select option 1 "Module Configuration". Then
-Hit r to "Restore Configuration to Manufacturing Settings" (Reset to Factory Default) it will reset every thing include the PW back admin/admin. Save and exit

You must set IP to access the module after save.

Brian

I don't get to a menu when I hit a key after 5 second. Only a very limited command prompt.

I cannot change the fireware without the password...
dalkon

Hello,

I have the same problem. After upgrade firmware (at 1.5.7) not possible login to card. I tried procedure according in manual. After push reset button does no appear "Press any key,,,,," directly appear to "login:" Cannot login neither admin/admin or previous login/pass existing account before upgrade firmware.

type card: HPE UPS network management p/n:  Q1C17A

thank you for helping