1751954 Members
4741 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to contact UPS group controller

Michael Sillers
Trusted Contributor

Unable to contact UPS group controller

I've installed LanSafe III on two rp series servers running HUPX 11i. The server connected to the UPS communicates with the UPS. On this server, Lansafe was installed as a controller. On the second server, Lansafe was installed as a member. It reports unable to contact UPS group controller. I've set the group names the same on both and have network communication between the two boxes. When I installed, lansafe refused to accept the controller server name as listed in the hosts file but did accept the IP address.
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Michael,

Which UPS are you using?

Thanks,
Steve
Michael Sillers
Trusted Contributor

I'm using an R3000XR.
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Michael,

I would recommend you to download and use HP Power Manager 3.2 software to manage your R3000XR on HPUX11i. Since you have 2 servers power protected by the UPS, you may setup one server as HP PM management server (with serial connection to the UPS) and the other as remote agent. Both servers must be on the same network. The management server is the brain of the setup. He will control the shutdown of the other server and also himself. The software is free to download at http://www.hp.com/products/ups and click on Software->HP Power Manager (under Power)->Click Register and Download

Thanks,
Steve
Michael Sillers
Trusted Contributor

Serves have been moved and are now completely separate as far as UPS is concerned. There was no resolution to this prior to the change.