3806 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Update HPUX Base OS auxiliary

Victor M. Macias
Frequent Advisor

Update HPUX Base OS auxiliary

Hi,

I have a HPUX 11.23.0609 ia64 system with HPUX Base OX Auxiliary B.11.23.0609.
But I want to install a new software in the system that it needs a minium version of HPUX Base OX Auxiliary B.11.23.0706.
So, I need to upgrade the HPUX Base OX Auxiliary package.
Could I update only the HPUX Base OX Auxiliary ?
Do I need to update all the SO ?
Can I download the HPUX Base OX Auxiliary B.11.23.0706 from HP website ?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Re: Update HPUX Base OS auxiliary

Hi

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01917353/c01917353.pdf

Page 48

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Victor M. Macias
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, I have read the link but I'm not sure if I can update only de the HPUX Base OX Auxiliary bundle and where can I download it ?

thanks
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Please see the information , what the bundle contains

http://docs.hp.com/en/5990-8144/apds01.html

you can update accordingly .

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
S. Ney
Trusted Contributor

To update the subrelease of your OS you'll need a valid software contract. Under your profile you should have a link for software update manager. From there you should be able to order the cd's for an updated 11.23.

For example under request updates I can select Ent OE Media for 11.23. However the last update is dated from June 3 2008.

The link Sooraj provided has instructions on how to update your OS with update-ux. (Chapter 6) Be sure to take a backup of your system before updating.