Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrad K380

phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

Upgrad K380

I have a K380 sever, I would like to update it. How can I do it?
Tnanks for help.
10 REPLIES
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Re: Upgrad K380

Can you give us more info? Do you mean to that you want to upgrade hp-ux on K380 server?

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

Please tell me what I should update now, include CPU, RAM, Hardisk.
Thanks.
phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

Now I install HPUX 11.0. Can I install 11i after update?
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Yes you can install/update hp-ux to 11.11 from 11.0 on a K380.

Refer,
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/5187-4496/5187-4496.html

-Karthik S S
For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. - Alice Kahn
phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, but at first I want to upgrade hardware for applications. What should I upgrade: CPU, Ram,Hardisk?
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

It depends on what your current configuration is and the applications that you will be running. Pl. post the current configuration.

-Karthik S S
phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

My configuiration is:
K380
CPU 240Mhz: 4
RAM 512 MB: 16
Hard disk 18GB: 01

phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

The application installed are: Glan Plus, Oracle 8, MC Service Guard, Glan Plus...

Thanks and regards.
Karthik S S
Honored Contributor

Good enough for running hp-ux 11i as long as you are installing Oracle on a external shared storage (I guess u must ba having one as u r running MC serviceguard Cluster)

-Karthik S S
phuong_3
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much.