Operating System - HP-UX
1748181 Members
4045 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade Oracle 9.2.0.2 to Oracle 9.2.0.4

Upgrade Oracle 9.2.0.2 to Oracle 9.2.0.4

Hi,

To move from Oracle 9.2.0.2 to Oracle 9.2.0.4 , is upgrade is the only option or there is a patch with can take me there?. If any then please let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Sumedha
7 REPLIES 7
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Is this PA-Risc or IPF?

The PA-Risc kit was 9.2.0.1 no? See:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html

9.2.0.2 was a patch set already.

9.2.0.4 is also a patch set, and not the most recent one. Oracle itself should be your main resource for this question adn they will recommend a more recent release still:
Check out for example Metalink:

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=Not&id=245984.1

hth,
Hein.

Hi Hein,

Thanks for the prompt response.

This is on PARISC HPUX 11i box.I need it to be 9.2.0.4 itself even thou it may not be the latest.

So its a simple Patch installation on 9.2.0.2 to move to 9.2.0.4.

I do not have access as i am not registered in metalink site. is it possible for me to get the doc thru email or if possible post it here on forums.

Regards,
Sumedha
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Hi Sumedha,

It should be a straight forward procedure. Here is the action plan.

1. Download the Patchset 9.2.0.4 from Metalink by specifying the details of (Patchset ID, Platform, Product and version) or order for a CD.

2. Perform a full cold backup of your current Oracle Databases running under that Oracle Server 9.2.0.2

3. Read the readme file in the patch archive you downloaded, there are all the steps clearly described

4. Apply the Oracle Server Patchset 9.2.0.4.0

5. Perform the post instillation steps (Patchset 9.2.0.4) on every Oracle Database 9.2.0.2.

I hope this helps.

Indira A
Never give up, Keep Trying

Hi Indira,

That helps, thanks.

Regards
Sumedha
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Sumedha>> "I do not have access as i am not registered in metalink site." is it possible for me to get the doc thru email or if possible post it here on forums.

I suppose I could, but it does have 'copyright' al over it, so it does not feel right. Also... you'll need access anyway to get the kits (as per Indira).
You realy should go after getting access to metalnk. You, or some else close to your fucntion, probably has the right to. You can not effectively support Oracle without that access.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/showdoc?db=Not&id=189908.1

Regards,
Hein

Hi Hein,

Appreciate it and will get the details from the patch set itself. Thanks for your time on this.

Regards
Sumedha

Got the response.