3827 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade ..........

Jaikishan_1
Advisor

Upgrade ..........

Dear ,
My System( N Class ) is currently installed with General Release Patch Ver : B.11.00.47.05 , I want to upgrade to B.11.00.51.2 ( having the upgrade media ).

And also Critical Patches currently Ver : B.11.00.47 and want ot upgrade to B.11.00.51.2

I`ve tried to so but it has given me too many errors....Please suggest me how to go about this.....
Thanxs in Advance.Any Kind of help will be appreciated.

JAI
Don`t Give Up........
15 REPLIES 15
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,
what do you really mean with "errors".
If you install the full general patch bundle, you will indeed receive lots of "errors" and warnings because lots of patches are not relevant to your system: patches for software that you don't have, patches for either 32- or 64-bit, ...
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.
Paula J Frazer-Campbell
Honored Contributor

Hi

Can you post the errors here? I helps to point you in the right direction.

Paula
If you can spell SysAdmin then you is one - anon
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

When you upgrade the patch bundles you are going to get some errors and warnings. Its only natural. There are patches inside the bundle not for your architecture, or for applications you dont have installed, or because you already have these patches installed via a previous bundle etc. Its nothing to worry about.

eg. On trying to upgrade one of our K-class to the Dec2000 GR bundle we get the following errors/warnings.

* Summary of Analysis Phase:
ERROR: Exclude PHKL_22208.VXFS-ADV-KRN,r=1.0
ERROR: 1 of 683 filesets had Errors.
* 316 of 683 filesets will be Skipped.
* 366 of 683 filesets had no Errors or Warnings.
ERROR: The Analysis Phase had errors. See the above output for details.

As you can see 1 patch will be excluded, thats fine, 316 will be skipped (probably already installed or not needed). As long as you use the correct command to install the patches all will be fine. Go for it.

Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Jaikishan_1
Advisor

The Message I got.....
* Summary of Analysis Phase:
*17 of 17 filesets will be Skipeed
*The Analysis Phase succeeded.

Should I proceed for the Installation or Upgradation....

Rgds

Jai
Don`t Give Up........
Stefan Farrelly
Honored Contributor

If the anaylsis said its going to ship 17 of 17 filesets then its not going to install anything at all so dont bother. These patches must either be already installed or not apply to your server.

Remember, the Critical patches are a subset of the General Release patch bundle, so if you install the GR bundle then the critical patches are included. Thats what we do here, only use the GR bundle.
Im from Palmerston North, New Zealand, but somehow ended up in London...
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

17 of 17 filesets skipped ?
So there is nothing to install, you are up-to-date.
(note the patch CD contains several depots : General Release patches, Hardware Critial patches and latest diagnostics software)
regards,
Thierry.
All unix flavours are exactly the same . . . . . . . . . . for end users anyway.
Thierry Poels_1
Honored Contributor

uh? Stefan Critical patches included in General patches? Don't think so.

XSWHWCR1100: new hardware + critical/Y2K patches
XSWGR1100: Core OS software patches + Core OS Y2K changes.
regards,
Thierry.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi All:

Yes, Stefan is correct (he usually is!). The "HWCR" bundles are subsets of the "GR" ones. You can see this by comparing the contents [Maintenance & Support -> Standard Patch Bundles -> View Support Plus Releases].

With regards!

...JRF...
Jaikishan_1
Advisor

Dear All,
A Small Query....
In Summary of Logfile it says "17 of 17 skipped ", nothing to install....but still with swlist command i can see the same old version.....

Jai
Don`t Give Up........