cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading a RHLES Basic Installation to a Full Installation

Frequent Advisor

Upgrading a RHLES Basic Installation to a Full Installation

Hi Guys,

A customer has deployed two basic RHL Enterprise Server Installations, one 4.6 and another 5.1, now he wants to make them two full installations without reinstalling both of them. How can he do it? We don't find the option to install all the complete rpms?

Would you mind helping us?

Thanks,

Javier
3 REPLIES
Ragu_3
Trusted Contributor

Re: Upgrading a RHLES Basic Installation to a Full Installation

Ask Redhat http://www.redhat.com/ for an upgrade option if you have had purchased these distributions. If you consider moving over to CentOS, the upgrade path is more easier.
Debian GNU/Linux for the Enterprise! Ask HP ...
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks but I think I was missunderstood. Our customer did two RHL installations (4.6 y 5.1 RHLES). Both were done as "standards or basic" installations (just the basic rpms were installed) and now he wants to make those installations full, I mean, installing all the rpms available in the RHL DVD.

He was working with Suse and he used to use YAST for installed the packages, but in RHL he doesn't find out how to it.

Which utility or tool coul he use, or install if it is not installed yet, in order to installed all the rpms in the DVD.

Javier
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Hi,

You can create a local yum repository from the rpms in the DVD and use yum to install all the necessary packages and dependencies.

google for local yum repository and you'll find all the details you need. I remember reading a neat little article on howtoforge.com.

Hope this helps and applies to what you want to do.

Regards,
Shiraj.