Operating System - Linux
1751974 Members
5216 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Using HP Cards on NORMAL hardware (non-proprietary)

Dudley Young

Using HP Cards on NORMAL hardware (non-proprietary)

Hello, i have a controller card i purchased from ebay. It would seam i can't use this card unless i have other HP hardware which i do not wish to purchase. I have "
HP / ADAPTEC AAR-2610SA/64, 6 PORT SATA RAID" I would like to use the software on my debian etch system using intel motherboard and 2x SNT-3141 SATA backplanes the software is installed it wont pickup my controller card, says i do not have one :S i'm using hpacucli among others that suposidly work with this card. Any advice would be much apreciated <3
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Using HP Cards on NORMAL hardware (non-proprietary)

Is the card detected by the "lspci" command?
If not, it isn't compatible with your motherboard at the hardware level and there is very little you can do about it.

If yes, is the driver module for that card loaded? The module name should be "aacraid". You can see the currently-loaded modules with "lsmod". If the module won't load automatically, "modprobe aacraid" will try to load it manually.

If the modprobe command produces an error message, what is the message? See also the kernel message buffer using the "dmesg" command. Is there any lines referring to the SATA RAID card?

Are you using the standard kernel version of Debian Etch, or have you upgraded the kernel?

MK
MK
Dudley Young

lspci
03:02.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AAC-RAID (rev 01)

lsmod
aacraid 63616 1

i have got the standard kernel that comes with the latest debian etch cd.
Heironimus
Honored Contributor

I think hpacucli is only for HP's SmartArray family. I wouldn't expect it to work on an Adaptec card, even if it is HP-branded.