Operating System - Microsoft
1753443 Members
4984 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Vectra QS/16S setup disk

mayoral

Hello, I still use My HP Vectra QS/20 machine (386)

but it gives Me the error message "invalid configuration, run setup...and the hard-drive don't work.

This machine is very important to Me

thanks in advance

**personal info erased**

Uwe Wagner

Hi Jeremy

I├В┬┤ve got now the original Disk from HP, I can send the Data on it via email. Give me yRegards
Uwe
pandini giusepp

i need a copy of this please too!
**personal info erased**

thanks very much

gary fontanarosa

I have an HP vectra QS/16S also and would a setup disk if you can email it to me. My mail address is gfont@aol.com. I would really appreciate it.

Gary
robecker950

If somebody could email the contents of the setup disk I would so so appreciate it! My email address is **personal info erased**

thanks in advance,
Bob

fjllopis

Hello, I still use My Hewlett Packard Vectra QS/20 machine

...but it gives Me the error message "invalid configuration, run setup...and the hard-drive don't work.

Can You please send Me a copy of this disk?

My E-mail is **personal info erased**
Thank You...
Javier Llopis

SalvoLG

Hello All,

I've a Vectra QS/16S computer, but I would need the setup disk. Could you please send me it to my address? It's salvo dot lg80 at gmail dot com.

In addiction can you tell me how can enter the bios of this machine? I've tried with all F keys and DEL, but no joy.

I thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Salvo

tenege
Occasional Visitor

I have an HP vectra QS/16S also and would a setup disk if you can email it to me.

My mail address is **personal info erased**

I would really appreciate it.

tenege

JimLahey
Visitor

Hi Jamie,

I too recently acquired a Vectra QS/16S Intel 386 system. I have not been able too boot to c:\ drive yet. I have replaced CMOS battery and have been able to boot to floppy. The system came with a 5.25" drive. I have a newer WIN 7 system and a fully working 486 system with 3.5", 5.25" and cd rom drive. I have been able to download from www.hpmuseum.com several TELEDISK .TD0 files and transfer to floppies using the 486 system via Compact Flash.

I have installed a 3.5" floppy in the 386 system, because those were the only floppies I could find to transfer files. I now have 5.25" floppies but can"t get both floppies to work simultaneously. I have made boot disks via MS-DOS 6.22 installation disks.

I have original ~42Mb hard drive and have tried an ide compact flash with compact flash card. I can boot to a:\ drive but have not been sucessfull at finding startup/setup utility. I have used "Vectra RS/QS/ES Setup Utilities".

http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?sw=61

I get  this error after "Program does not run on this machine".

I have tried others from hpmuseum:

http://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?swc=8

Vectra RS/QS/ES Setup and Utilities
Vectra MS-DOS 3.3 and Start up Disc
Vectra 286/386 Setup and Utilities

I am trying to setup hard drives and BIOS settings. I stumbled on this thread and I too need this file/disk

Any tips on why/how to get both floppies working together?

Thank you.

UPDATE!!!

I found 38188.exe in another post here. That solved the problem. Now I just need to figure out how to get the drives working. I have an original 5.25" (Drive B:) floppy that works. Trying to figure out jumper configuration with bios settings (drive #,etc). I have a 3.5" (Drive A:) floppy, Sony that i got from EBay, that has no jumpers. Drive A: is at the end of IDE ribbon cable and Drive B: is 2nd to th A: Drive end. Drive B: has quite a few jumpers. Trying to get both drives visible and working prior to "38188.exe working, both drives would spinand seefk at once, if I had both hooked up, but would work independent if I had one unplugged from ribbon. Trying to figure out jumper configuration with bios settings (drive #,etc). I have a 2GB flash drive that I need to initialize as drive d:. When initializing drives, you have to pick from a list. I'm still trying to get c: drive, type 37 to initialize and work (cannot verify working)

Thanks again.

jock1
Occasional Visitor

Hi Uwe (or anyone), don't know if you are still on this thread but wondering if you could also email me the set-up BIOS for the HP Vectra QS/16S. This is a music studio and we have an old Neve with flying faders. This is the computer which runs the Flaying Faders and Total Recall system. Somehow its lost its BIOS. Battery has been replaced. Stuck somehow! Only gets as far as 'Invalid configuration information -RUN set-up program' tnx in advance! Jock  (**personal info erased**)