5142 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Veritas products for HPUX

John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Veritas products for HPUX

Hi everyone

does anyone know if evauluation s/w exists for Veritas products for hpux 11i.

I have already checked out the Veritas web site but have not found any for hpux only linux and windooows.

cheers
John.
10 REPLIES 10
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

sorry I forgot to put this in the general catagory.

John.
Steve Steel
Honored Contributor

Hi

http://www.veritas.com/us/partners/hp

that will help you get going.

Steve Steel
If you want truly to understand something, try to change it. (Kurt Lewin)
Nick Wickens
Respected Contributor

Basic Veritas Volume manager is I believe included with HP-UX 11i but there are extra options available if you get the HP-UX 11i Mission Critical edition CD.
Hats ? We don't need no stinkin' hats !!
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Steve

I have already been there.

John.
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Nick

does the mission critical CD come with the core o/s generally, I dont have it. And does it have an evaluation 60 day trial ?

cheers
John.
Nick Wickens
Respected Contributor

Just had a glance through my 11i notes and base VxVM is apparently on your applications CD's not on the CORE CD's - You need to install "Base HP VEritas Volume Manager B7961AA"

This will let you create simple VxVM volumes. However RAID1 or RAID5 requires HP Veritas Volume manager B9116AA bundle but as I said earlier I believe that it is included on the Mission critical installation CD.

P.S Other than Itanium based systems your boot disk can't be VxVM but you can mix and match LVM and VxVM other wise.
Nick Wickens
Respected Contributor

I had to get HP to convert all of my app licences into the Mission Critical OE (It includes Service Guard plus a few others which we already had). The default disk you probably have is the 11i OE, above that you have the 11i Enterprise OE which adds Mirrordisk, onlineJFS , Glance & PRM with the Mission Critical OE encompassing the other two.

Check with your HP Account manager to see if you are entitled (I had to pay ??340 or so for the media update).
John Carr_2
Honored Contributor

Nick

the actual CD is off site in the fire proff safe can we tell from the command prompt which edition is installed. I suspect its the OE as we dont have commands such as vxprint

cheers
John.
Nick Wickens
Respected Contributor

Hi

Sorry my installation is still from the December 2001 B3920-14058/59 Standard Core CD's and nothing seems to be clear from the swlist what edition is installed.

Mind you I did notice that if you do an "swlist -l product" it does reveal that a lot of VxVM software is already installed on my test system. Suggest you grab the Install disk you have or get the latest March 2002 edition Core 11i disks from HP or the March applications disks and see what you can install from them.

Sorry I can't offer any better help than this.